Saturday, March 14, 2009

2/4/09

February is here and it is time to get ready for our 1950s Valentine's Party. That is about as far removed from using technology in schools as can be, you would think. However, I am going to need to set up the digital projector, hook it to the speaker system, hook it to the DVD player, and have it ready to show the "Honeymooner" videos. Every year, the parents who join us and I have a good laugh while the students in the room are just horrified at what we used to watch!

As for Knocking down these walls, I continue to try to push the envelope. I have been trying to use my laptop at school because on it I have TeacherTube downloader and YouTube downloader. I can download the videos I want to use with my students so when I show them, we don't have all of the streaming issues that cause students to lose interest, become inattentive and then misbehave. For a while, that worked well until the district engineer made it so my laptop wasn't allowed on the system because it has Vista. Ugh!

Back to the drawing board.

No comments: